Our History...

Henry Willis & Sons Ltd. is one of the oldest and most famous organ building companies active in the world today, having been in continuous operation since 1845, and with an opus list of over 2,500 organs up to the present day.

Below are links for further information on the different periods of the firm under each generation of the Willis family.

Henry 'Father' Willis
1821 - 1901

Henry Willis II
1852 - 1927

Henry Willis III
1889 - 1966

Henry Willis IV
1927 - 2018

Henry Willis & Sons today...

From its own staff Henry Willis & Sons can draw on an enormous expericence in the craft and the Company's Head Office premises in the central Liverpool are equipped for organ building on the grandest scale.

St. James', Florence

A New organ of 25 stops over 2 manuals and pedals with mechanical action for St. James' Episcospal church in Florence, Italy. This organ was built with the Willis patented Floating Lever.

Hooglandse Kerk, Leiden

Originally built for St. Mark's Church, Birkenhead. This 3 manual Father Willis has been restored with its original Willis Lever actions and was installed in Leiden (Holland) with new casework, a new 16ft Double Open Diapason to the Great organ, a new 32ft Double Open Wood and a new 16ft Double Trumpet.