St. Paul's Church, Royton. Lancashire.|
Click Here to show or hide photographs of the work
In 1888 St. Paul's church was rebuilt with a new choir vestry and a purpose built organ chamber at which point
a new organ was built by George Benson & Son of Manchester. In 1956 the organ was substantially rebuilt by
Harrison & Harrison of Durham when the specification was enlarged and the console moved to a plinth along side
the organ chamber. The existing material was essentially remade and re-voiced in Harrison style. The new Harrison
console was controlled electro-pneumatically.
Henry Willis & Sons have cleaned and overhauled this three manual organ and re-leathered all of the internal the actions,
replaced all electromagnets, rebuilt the console and fitted a new canbus Solid State switching and capture system with
999 levels of memory, MIDI capability, stepper, sequencer and transposer. The Great 8' Flute has been replaced;
the Great Mixture has been re-cast; the Tromba has been re-voiced and the remainder of the tonal scheme has been rebalanced.
The consultant for this project has been