image
image
 
image
All Saints' Church, Thornton Hough

 
Click image for close up







Click Here to show or hide photographs of the work



Some details

Thornton Hough is a small village on the Wirral Peninsula. During the nineteenth century it was developed into a Model Village by Joseph Hirst and later by William Lever of Port Sunlight fame. All Saints Parish Church was built in 1867 and has a spire and tower with five clock dials. A small two-manual organ by Gray and Davison was originally in the church but, following the construction of St. George's non-conformist Church over the road with its new, larger Norman and Beard organ, a new Norman and Beard organ was built for All Saints' in 1912.

The organ has remained relatively untouched since that time and had slowly started to fail. A thorough cleaning and overhaul of the instrument has recently been carried out by Henry Willis & Sons Ltd. including re-leathering of the pneumatic key, drawstop and pedal actions, repair of the winding system, provision of a replacement blower and cosmetic repair to the console.





Back to the Projects

audio file